they spread lies to make it seem like we don’t have enough resources to be individual dreamers.
Why Syria is not like Libya, Egypt, or Iraq:
1) Syria is the only secular arab country (a western principle)
2) Syria initiated economic reforms over a span of 40 years that redistributed wealth and allowed for upward mobility for disenfranchised classes
3) Syria has combatted internal and external ideological fanaticism, mostly from the Muslim Brothers and other groups responsible for acts of political violence
4) Syria has never signed a peace deal with Israel (unlike Egypt)
5) Syria has been loyal to the Palestinian cause, although it has distanced itself from certain factions in the Middle East throughout history, like the PLO
6) Syria is operated by a leftist-regime
Syria’s overall grievances, shared by much of the Arab people, are the following:
1) Israel should return to its original borders, pre-1967
2) Israel must halt its expansionism of settlements
3) Israel must halt its covert operations in the Middle East that are bent on destabilizing Arab countries
4) Israel must renounce its expansionist ambitions of recreating ‘Eretz Israel’ as it ignores the right of self-determination of the Arabs
In other words, as long as Israel wants to expand and dominate the Middle East — doing it through covert operations, bribery, corruption, military force, American lobbies, etc — then Syria will remain in a state of security in which it cannot allow for normal freedoms for its people in order to protect itself against Israeli aggression. It’s either sacrifice some freedoms and remain Syrian, or sacrifice all your freedoms and become swallowed by Israeli supremacy, arbitrary leadership, and oppressive ideologies and governments.
The government of Syria is portrayed as being oppressive but rumors and certain incidents are used to paint a horrid picture. History shows that few countries have chosen to resist foreign occupation by sacrificing some freedoms, like Cuba, Russia (USSR), China, Vietnam, Iran, etc. Most of these nations are portrayed as hotbeds of extremism, ideological tyranny, and government control, but behind it all, behind the military outfits, the symbols, the political propaganda, behind everything, what is really going on?
Are America, England, France, Italy, Germany, and all these western countries being true to their values of universal justice and self determination?
Is it possible for institutions like democracy and capitalism to flourish without usurping the human rights of other nations?
Is democracy the problem, is it abuses of democracy?
There are many forces within democracy that are bent on abusing it and often get away with it, brainwashing half the country to support unjust foreign escapades that usually involve Kings, Terrorists, Assassinations and Oil.
Can these forces be stopped?
What does it take for humanity to be free from subjugation to others?
My friend told me he believed in Hell the other day. He said he thinks everyone will spend some time there, but I am not so sure. I like to believe God is benevolent and loving and that we are destined to be as happy as we wish, long as we refrain from lies.
Lord forgive us for the things we do not understand. If all is willed by God, may Justice prevail in the end and may humanity move forward in God’s light.